Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ok, Now it's Official

Spring arrived in the Northern hemisphere this past Friday at 7:22am, give or take a minute or two. The weather has been bearble for this early in the season and we've even had a few days up near 60°. Last Saturday I drove the bike up to the shop and had 'em put a new rear tire on her along with an oil change. Now, I'm ready for my trip out west again this summer. As long as I can hang onto my stash between now and the first part of July I'm going...period. Mesa Verde is the plan (Southwestern Colorado) but that might change depending on "stuff". We'll see how it goes.
Me and the boys (Mercury and Bailey) went up to camp today to check things out and the plan was to do some wood cutting, but once we got up there I tried for an hour to start the damn chain saw and it just was having nothing to do with firing up. Pissed me off, but it was stupid to not check it out here at home first before dragging it up there so who's to blame? We hung around for about 3 hours, spent some time stacking up wood for cutting later and just sat around for a bit and took in the sights and sounds before heading back home. It's gonna be a couple weeks at least before I open up the camper and get things ready for an overnighter. Got to find some canvas to patch a couple tears. The canvas is getting so old that it's thin and tears easily. Can't afford to fix it right so a patch will have to do. I doubt it's gonna last more than a couple more years and I'm not sure what we'll do then if we can't afford to replace it with what we'd like to have.......who knows if it'll even be an issue in a few years. Long term plans don't seem to make much sense lately.
This past week I did do some spring cleaning....got the garage somewhat cleaned up, at least enough I can get the bike in and out without tripping over stuff. It's kinda of a work in progress. Also did some raking yesterday and got the dog pen all cleaned out too. A regular whirlwind, that's me.
No big plans for the next couple weeks. I'm still working and the next worry is the end of April when Lear comes and gets the rest of their dies. We'll see at that point if there's enough of a future left for the powers that be to keep the place open and in business or call it quits. All bets and plans are off if the place folds. Stay tuned.
Tc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home