Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Road Trip Time...

We're getting up at 4am tomorrow morning to head off to Kansas to visit with Jen and her family for Thanksgiving. Not tired enough yet to close my eyes so I thought I'd do a bit in here to kill some time.
I don't think I've mentioned it yet but after months of hunting on and off for a suitable place online to show off my camera work it looks like I may have finally found one actually worth paying an annual fee for.....it's called SmugMug and consists of a lot of nice features, including the one that sold me, a full screen slide show format. SmugMug is quite a large community too and as time goes on I hope to get more involved in it. To keep it simple for now though I've got an address to share with you if you're interested in seeing some of my pics. The basic addy is......
All my camera work can be accessed from that one link. SmugMug is set up in Galleries and from this Home page you can click on any of the galleries shown. There's not much to see yet as I'm just getting started, but there's enough there to give you an idea how it'll work.
On a different note.....while putting up some pics from my bike trip to Virginia in May of '06 I rediscovered some video I took at a bluegrass festival we attended. Back then I didn't have a way to upload the files to share 'em but nowadays I do so here are some links to several tunes by a couple different bands. If all works as planned you should be able to play these with Windoze Media player. I'd suggest downloading them first and then playing them unless you have a fast high-speed connection. Along with the music there's also a short clip of a guy we met during a rest stop who pulled in on his bike, a bike that was powered by a Chevy 350 V-8! The video is a short clip of him firing it up and gettng ready to take off.....
After getting back home from this trip I wrote to the guy running the sound board about one band I dug, Crooked Creek and he was nice enough to send me an entire album of their stuff that they'd just gone into the studio to record. Hopefully these links will work for y'all and get that foot atappin.
CROOKED CREEK
ALL 4 HYM
V-8 BIKE
Time to go get some sleep, 4am will be here sooner than I want it to be I'm sure. Cya when we return.
Tc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home