Sunday, November 02, 2008

All Wrapped Up And Put Away For Another Year

Although it's raining this evening, it's been a real nice weekend for weather, albeit about a week too late, mostly sunny and in the 60's....
Friday night was halloween. We didn't have a pumpkin or candy so we got the hell out of the house for the evening.
Saturday I woke up at 6:30am and decided to stay up and get stuff around before making a trip up to camp to close everything up for the winter. Me, Mercury and Bailey were on the road by 8:30am and after a couple stops arrived at camp just about 10. The first thing I did was put away the runway lights and put coffee cans over the posts so they wouldn't get all wet and rusty during the winter. Might make it easier come spring to find 'em again too!. After that I spent awhile pulling stuff out of the camper and the shed and getting it boxed up. Prepped the toilet, pulled up the hoses and turn off the electricity. Then, I cranked the camper down and threw the blue plastic tarp over it and wrapped it up in bungee cords to keep some of the weather off it for the next 4 or 5 unhospitable months.

By The time I had all that done it was about 12:30. The weather was so nice that I wasn't in a hurry to leave so I decided to work on the medicine wheel for awhile and managed to finish up the prepatory work by putting the dividers in. The next step would be to gather the rocks that are going in the 4 sections but that'll have to wait for next April. In the meantime I hope to work on the centerpiece and have that ready to go next spring. I haven't done much wood burning in my life but how hard can it be right?





We decided about 3ish that we'd done all we could do so we took one last look around and then headed out. Got back into town about 5 and unpacked the truck.





The rest of the weekend just kinda wasted away in between bursts of energy and naps...watched a bit of a movie this evening on Abbie Hoffman, which seemed appropriate with the election coming up on Tuesday.......hope the doomsayers aren't right about the blood in the streets predictions. I guess we'll see what happens in about 48 hours.
Tc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home