Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gettin' To The Back Side Of Summer

Well I think I gave a review of this past week last week and not much else happened until Friday night when I pulled the car out of the garage, picked up Larry and headed out to Coopersville for the Cruise portion of the weekend events. They’d changed the route this year and did hand out directions, but a map would’ve been nicer. Luckily for me I had a co-pilot this time in case we lost the train, but that was never an issue. After rolling thru the countryside and hitting a couple of the new housing developments the cruise ended up back where it started. They were going to have a sock-hop there, starting later in the evening than I wanted to wait for so we headed back to the high school and got something to eat there at the food booths and then sat in the stands for awhile while we ate. By the time we were done dining it was 8:30 and time to head back to Grand Haven. I dropped Larry off and then did the route around town once before coming home and calling it a day.
Saturday morning I was up before dawn (5am) and headed back to Coopersville for a good parking spot for the show and breakfast at the Country Café. I parked the hot rod right at the top of the hill that rolls down to the park, under a nice big shady tree, and then headed off to the Café for my favorite breakfast, Scrambled eggs and corn beef hash. By the time I was done stuffing my face it was light outside so I headed back to the car and spent about an hour or so polishing and cleaning. From that point on until the end of the show I divided my time between hikes around to check out the hardware and time outs in the chair resting….it was 3:00pm before I knew it and by the time I got down to the park they were already into the awards presentation. I hung around until the trophy’s were all spoken for and then headed back to the car and packed up the display. I got home about 4ish and the wife was there, having returned from her week up north at band camp, so after a bit of chatting we headed out to the Texas Steakhouse and spent a couple hours there talking and eating. After the chow was all gone we headed back home and took it easy.
Sunday I slept in till 9, just cuz I could and then got up and made pancakes for me and the doggies. Once breakfast was history I put on my painter clothes and headed out to put what would hopefully be the finish coat on the front of the garage. It took a couple hours to finish the front and once that was done I decided to keep going so I scrapped and primer’d the left side. When I was done with that project for the day I got out the lawnmower and did the whole yard. By the time I was done being a tear-ass it was going on 6:00pm so I came in the house, sat down in the chair for a minute and ended up waking up when Chris called about 9:00pm saying he needed a ride home from work. (dunno if I mentioned it or not but he got a job working at Pizza Hut). After I got him delivered home I took a shower and got all the paint and grass off me. The rest of the evening was spent trying to learn how to use some new music downloading software.....
This coming week I have nothing pressing planned, may try to spend some more time with the garage, we’ll see how the weather acts. The plan for the weekend is to head up to Meadowview castle and mow some ferns……..looks like I’ll be going by myself again but that’s nothing new so we’ll see what happens.

TC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home