Monday, July 14, 2008

Home Again

Actually I pulled in the driveway at 6:02pm on Friday the 12th, but I still haven't had time yet to really catch my breath or go thru my 800+ pics. Been going 90mph since I got home. I spent most of last evening cleaning up the bike (that performed flawlessly the whole trip) and trying to remove the bug guts that I aquired from haulin' ass thru 6 different states. It's gonna take another night or two just to finish that project. I also need to do some repair work to my backpacks...had a couple straps come undone thanks to shitty factory sewing.
I'm gonna put the pics and stories from this trip in a area all it's own and I'll probably upload it by chapter (day) just so I can get stuff online in a fairly decent timeframe. Look for a new icon on the main page that looks like it has something to do with traveling and that's where you should find the story of the South Dakota trip along with others from the past in the future......
Just for the record, I had the time of my life. One of the best trips, if not the best trip, I've ever took. Met a bunch of interesting people, saw some amazing stuff and got myself right with the world for almost a whole week. Weather was beautiful, blue skies and warm the whole time. I put a total of 2,757 miles on the bike 8 days, roughly 55 gallons of fuel @ a cost of right around $220.00. On 4 wheels that wouldn't have even gotten me out there let alone around and back again.....
I'll recap the weekend after I got back in town in the next day or two and I'll be working on the travelogue and uploading it a chapter at a time as quickly as I can. Be patient, I'm still in denial that I'm already back home again.
TC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home