Monday, June 30, 2008

A Weekend At Home For Trip Preparation

Well here we are in the final hours of June, 2008, already. I know I say it all the time but damn that went by quick!
It was a quiet week this past one. Didn’t do much of anything constructive during the week and hung around the house for most of the weekend. We did go up to Quicks Tuesday night for the Cruise-in. There was a good sized crowd and we wandered around for a bit, checking out the rides until they started calling off the ticket numbers. After that it was back home again.
The biggest thing that happened was going to Muskegon’s Summer Celebration Saturday night to see Jonny Lang and Kansas. If you want to read about that adventure then hit this link….
http://tcsoldnewmusicreview.blogspot.com/2008/06/jonny-lang-kansas-june-28th-muskegon-mi.html
We got our “economic incentive” check Saturday morning so we went to the bank and split that up so now the trip out west is a 100% go. After we got back from the bank I went and put up the tent to check for leaks and problems. It looks like it’ll work out just fine with a bedroll.
Sunday I had a couple things in mind to do but the weather was cool and cloudy and it looked like it’d rain anytime so I ended up snoozing on and off in the chair until Wanda left for Bingo. Once I got up and going I grilled some chicken legs she’d gotten ready and ate a good meal. That was followed by a cruise down to the beach with the intention of walking on the pier with Mercury but when we got down there it was windy and cool enough to be uncomfortable without a jacket, which I didn’t have so we went back home and started getting stuff around the trip.
Tonight and for the rest of this short week I’m spending time making sure I’ve got what I need to make the ride comfortable and staying pretty close to home. Still gotta do some route planning and surfing for events that’ll be happening while I’m there but for the most part I’m just gonna play it by ear and see what happens.
I won’t be writing again until I get back and probably not soon after either. I’m planning on starting a new website of just the trips we’ve taken over the years and this one will be the road test for the web site to see how well it works out. I’m gonna keep notes on the events of each day so I don’t forget anything….not that I would mind ya…..just a precaution
See ya when I get back from my own little “wild Hogs” adventure.

TC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home