Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The End Of Hibernation

Just a short note tonight.
After I got home from work Wanda wanted to go get something to eat at the newly reopened Quizno's where brother-in-law Tony is now the manager so that's what we did. While we were sitting there eating I decided that due to the fact that it was April, the sun was out and I was sick of waiting to get the Hot Rod out when we got back home. So, that's what I did. Fired her up, backed her out onto the driveway and let her warm up for a bit while I did a quick check once around. When the temp gage started to register I got the co-pilot, Bailey, out of the breezeeway and we took off down the road. We did the once around town, cruised the beach and went out to Harbor Island where I jumped out and took a couple pics with my camera phone. From there we went back thru town and then headed out south, down the highway to wind her up and clean that carbon out of the pipes. Wound her up to just about 90mph and then lifted. Nothing like the sound of an unrestricted V-8. Does the ole heart good. We came back home via Mercury drive, pulled into the garage and called it a cruise.
The weatherman says it might hit 60° this weekend so a short trip around on the bike might be in order. we'll see though...I hate to have 6 layers of clothes on just to ride. If it does get that warm out I'll probably go up to the compound and do some maintenence. Too soon to pop open the camper but if the snows gone up there like around here then I can at least do some clean-up work and start marking some suitable trees to log for the fence project this summer.
Time for bed now....been draggin' a bit this week with a stuffy nose and red eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home