Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring Is In The Air

Nope, no Robins or Hyacinths yet but a lot of the snow has gone away as the last week has seen temperatures over the freezing mark every day. The weather for the coming week is more of the same......We're suppose to be having both snow and thunderstorms in the next several days so while it's not exactly motorcycle weather for me yet, it's getting close and that's a good thing.
Not much has been going on around here the last couple weeks. Been pretty quiet which is ok. I like quiet.
The biggest news I guess would be the American Axle strike, which has shut down most of GM, which in turn has shut down a lot of 3rd tier outfits, like Burnside for one. As of Friday all the production workers were laid off until the strike is over and some of the salary folks were given the time off too. I count myself lucky in that I'm one of a handful who get to go in tomorrow morning like usual and use this quiet time to try and catch up a bit. I'm hoping I can keep right on working until the strike is over, but of course there are a lot of variables involved with this situation so things could change at any time. For tomorrow at least things are still cool. I really don't want any time off right now, it would just mess the plans for the summer up all the more and I really hate dealing with the state beauracacy and unemployment. Been there, done that, way too many times.
Friday evening I got out of the house for awhile and went up to Muskegon high school where there was a drum clinic going on. Several professional drummers were there along with one local boy who made good. There were 3 kits set up on the stage, along with the rest of a band's gear. Each drummer came out to give a talk, spend sometime showing off their chops on the drums and answering questions. At the end of the evening all 3 drummers came out along with the full band and took turns trading 4's within the context of the jam. It was very cool and gave me a bit of inspiration. After it was all over I went down to ask some questions about drum tuning and I plan on taking the advice as soon as I can find a drum key around here somewhere. Like so much of my stuff around here, it seems all 3 drum keys have walked off. I feel like the borrower's are living in the walls here........
That's about it for now I guess, it's late and I need to get horizontal. If things change with the strike for better or worse I'll give out a shout.
Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home