Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another Productive And Fairly Warm Weekend

Well, you'd never known it Friday afternoon on the way home from work, it was cloudy, cool and quite foggy, But it turned out to be a pretty nice weekend weatherwise. Because of the less than warm weather Friday evening we pulled the plug on the plan to go up to the campsite for the weekend so when I finally drug myself out of the sack Saturday morning and found sunshine and warm air I decided to do pretty much what I did last weekend. Stay around the house and get things done on Saturday and head up to the campsite on Sunday.

So, after a trip to Home Depot to get things needed, I started in on finishing up a project I started last fall...the garage doors. This time around I wanted to get the locks and their assemblies all hooked up and working so I could actually lock the doors. This project went pretty much the way the doors themselves did.....the first one taking twice as long as the second one did due to reading and REreading instructions. I had some issues with the first door locking until I realized on about the 5th read thru that I had the cables flip-flopped as far as to which side of the door they were suppose to be attached to. Once that little detail came to light I was able to lock it up slick as could be and then started in on the second door. It was almost 5pm by the time I had that whole deal completed so then the next thing to accomplish was to load up the pickup with another load of wood to take up in the morning. By the time that was done I was ready to make some supper and with me being the only one around the house at that point I decided that a couple hot dogs was a fitting meal for an old man hanging out with dogs. Once dindin was a memory I decided to get the '56 out and take it out to Hoffa for a quick photo session and a ride around town. Bailey, of course, came along for the ride. We made a stop at Dairy Treat after a bit of cruising and shared some ice cream, something that neither one of us probably needed......like that makes a difference. By the time we got back home it was getting dark so I pulled the car into the now lockable garage and called it a day for all intents and purposes.

Sunday morning was blue and sunny so after a quick breakfast of eggs, sasauge and toast I tossed the stuff I was gonna need into the back of the truck, along with the project for the day up there....hooking up the little 4 cubic electric fridge that we got back last winter. The project was to dig a trench from the power board over to the Shed, where the fridge is gonna reside, lay down some 1 1/4" PCV pipe to route the extension cord thru and then bury it all back up again. So, I grabbed a couple dogs, Bailey and Mercury and we headed outa town and up North for the day. Not really feeling a 100% yet from the most recent bout of viral infection I had to take my time digging the trench so it ended up being an all day deal with breaks during the day to do other things too. I unloaded and stacked up the firewood I'd brought along. I also managed to rake up the entire "yard" area and lay down a couple bags of grass seed in an attempt to bring back the grassy meadow we had before the utility vehicles did a number on the area putting in the sewer, water and electric. Turned on a sprinkler I brought along and let that run all day while I continued to dig my trench. It was almost 7 before I had finished filling in the trench and raking everything smooth and level. At that point, not in a hurry to get home, I was gonna take a walk down the road aways with the dogs who'd been hanging out in the pen all day, being good, but about a 1/4 mile down the road all of a sudden it was thundering and starting to rain so we decided to turn around, load up the truck and call it a day.

It was dark by the time we got home (9:15) and I was pooped from all the fresh air and excercise. I made a quick supper that I was still eating when Wanda got back home and after eating I took a nice long, hot shower to soak the bones. By the time I got done with that everyone was pretty much headed for bed, except me of course......I made it up long enough to rattle this off.....now I'm heading for bed.

That's about it for the week too I guess....I was so busy at camp that I never even got around to taking any pics of what I did......hopefully next weekend will be nice and we'll actually get to go up and stay overnight. I'll take some shots next week for sure.
Night.


TC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home