Monday, April 23, 2007

Finally, Some Springlike weather and Spring Cleaning



well, due to the fact that the muchkins were sick when they were here visiting I managed to get sick again this past week and ended up going to the doctor today for another round of breathing treatments and meds. I'm beginning to have my doubts about my lungs carrying me all the way to 100 so I may have to adjust the amount of things I'm gonna be able to acomplish before I run out of breath.

Anyhow, This past weekend was WARM! 70's on Saturday and right around 80 on Sunday. Unfortunately today it's more like April again and in the 60's but at least it ain't snowing. This past weekend, even sick, I managed to get some stuff done. I'd planned originally on going up to the campsite for the whole weekend but rethought that and decided a day just to open things back up and get organized would be a better idea before an actual overnighter.

But first, Friday night Ri joined us for dinner at Vic's while Adam was working and hung around the house after dinner until he got out of work. I was up late recording albums to CD so I could transfer them to the computer and then on to the Ipod. At this point I've reached the 3,000 tune mark but more importantly I've got 9 1/2 days worth of music on it.

Saturday I was up fairly early because Adam and Ri were back over. Adam was there to help me wrestle the "new" (new to us but not new) washer downstairs. Our old one after 20 odd years decided to spring leaks all over the place and while trying to figure out what to do about that Wanda managed to fanagle a free 6 year old, Maytag washer out of a guy at work! So, we unhooked the old one and drug it upstairs and out into the breezeway and then grabbed the newer one, which was about half as heavy, and took it down to the washroom and hooked it up. Once that was done I spent awhile catching my breath and then decided after they'd left that it was time to quit ignoring the problem and go clean up the garage. So, for the next 6 hours or so I swept, bagged junk and did a bit of organizing until it was clean enough to walk around in, in the dark, without breaking your neck. A big improvement. Now I just need to get my toolcart organized and the work bench cleaned off and I'll be satisfied.

About 4:30 Wanda took off with her sister for the evening so I sat down in the chair and closed my eyes for an hour. when they opened back up again I decided it was time to play a bit so I pushed the bike out of the garage and fired it up. I thought about going to Berlin for the races but unfortunately money is an issue right now so I settled for taking a ride out that way and back again. By the time I got back it was starting to get dark so I played some ball with the furkids and then came inside and made some supper. Late Saturday night was spent like Friday night, putting more music on the Ipod.

Sunday I didn't get as early as I'd planned so I got right with the program and drove the truck into the back yard and loaded it up with the firewood we'll never use here for the campsite. Chris and Bailey went with me and we got there just a bit past noon. Things were just starting to turn green there and it was warm enough to take off our shirts. We got busy hooking the water back up to the toilet and the camper, took off the plastic and cranked it up and proceeded to survey what a winter up there had done to our home away from home. It definitely needed an airing out so we unzipped all the windows and took out all the cushions and set them out in the sun to air out. I spent awhile wiping the condensation off the roof and did some general cleanup inside. I took down all the curtains to bring them home and wash them and set up the canopy and the screen house so that if the weather is decent next weekend we should be able to head up and spend the weekend without any major issues. I unloaded the truck and stacked all the wood in a nice neat stack. All In all things were ok....we had a bit of mouse damage but nothing too bad. By the time we got done with all that it was almost 6 so we decided to head for home. I let Chris get some driving practice in on the dirt roads until we got back to pavement then I took over and we headed for the highway.

That's pretty much it for this week.......more to come later.

TC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home