Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Springtime??!?!

Well, it's been awhile. Longer than I planned on not having the energy or enthusiasm to write a bit. I was also a bit premature about the end of the dark days in my last post. Since the last entry life has taken a couple more turns down the bumpy road that I seem to find frequently.

First, lets just bitch about the weather. Here it is, April 11th and we're in the middle of a damn snowstorm. Again with the heavy wet white stuff. We did have almost a weeks worth of nice spring weather a couple weeks ago, but for the last week and a half or so the weather has been no different than it was in January. Cold, grey, windy and ugly. Check out that Intellicast pic there, yup, that's Michigan buried underneath all that crap ......we're right on the orange line between the green and the blue and about every 5 minutes what's coming out of the sky changes from snow, to ice, to rain and back around again. The only consolation right now is that it is April and NOT January. I don't think I could take another month or two of this. I'm ready for things to green up.

Last Sunday was Easter and me and Chris went up to the folks for some socializing and dinner. It sure didn't seem much like Easter with the temps in the 30's and snow everywhere. It was nice to go for a ride though, been awhile since I've been outside the city limits of Grand Haven.

This weekend coming up the house will be full. Jennette and her clan are making the trip from Kansas/Indiana to our place. They'll be here from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. Too damn short a visit to be able to spend much time with the grandkids, but I plan on doing as much quality interaction as I can in two days. Hopefully the weather will act a little bit like spring so we can get outside. There'll be a report and pics by the middle of next week on how that all went....stay tuned.

...and finally, that ole constant thorn in my side.......working for a living. This week I'm currently in the middle of my first full week at a new job. Yup, you heard right, another new job......turned out that there were some pretty scummy bastards at Nowak. As much as I'd like to rant about it, it's just not worth the effort really. Since Joe died in October the place had been sinking under bad / NO management like a rock. Half of the product they were trying to get out the door was in 3rd party containment by the first of the year. I actually started half-heartedly looking after the holidays just cuz I could see the writing on the walls. Unfortunately I didn't make it out before they decided that they didn't need two CMM guys with the way things were going so being last in I got to be first to leave. My last day there was March 7th. It was almost a relief to leave at that point because the atmosphere of the whole place was just very negative. The new quality manager they hired to save 'em back in December was the guy who got the honor of walking me out the door and two weeks later he'd had enough of their bullshit and walked himself out the door too. It wouldn't surprise me a bit that within 24 months I'll be able to add a postscript on my resume under the Nowak block that says, like so many before, this company is no longer in business. Good luck to the management on turning the place around and thanks for the memories.

That's all for now.

TC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home