Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Winter Wonderland.....


Wasn't it just last week that I was saying what a mild winter we were having??? Well, this week things have changed, the last several days in particular and we are now officially in the middle of a major blizzard. The last couple days we've had 6+ inches of snow dropped on us each day and the wind has picked up and gotten rather intense to the point it's sending the wind chill numbers down into the -20° realm. The weather image is a classic pic of Lake effect snow. You'll notice that all the blue is on the windward side of water. The darker the blue, the heavier the snowfall. The temp pic is from late Saturday night and it doesn't factor in windchill. In layman's terms.....it's damn cold out there!

Yesterday I never left the house and today just a hike down to Oasis for breakfast fixings was an ordeal. By the time I got back to the house my face hurt from the cold. The last couple days about every social function in West Michigan has been cancelled, including most Sunday morning Church Services and Wanda's Sunday night bingo. It's ugly. They've already called off school for tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised to hear the same news for Tuesday. According to the weather service we're not suppose to get out of the single digits until at
least Wednesday. This is the kind of winter I recall as a kid. Once the wind dies down there'll be enough snow out there to play in no matter what you like to do.......

To make matters worse the snowblower died on me the other day and I haven't shoveled all weekend so it's gonna be a challenge just to get out of the driveway in the morning to go to work. I think the fuel line is frozen so I need to bring it in the house to warm it up and dump some dry gas down her throat. If that don't do the trick then I'm pretty much screwed. I'm sure the line to get snowblowers repaired is on the long side right now.

While I'm writing I should mention that myself, Ri and Adam went to the new car show at the DeVos place in G.R. Thursday night. We spent about 3 hours there looking at the blah new stuff and some of the concept cars. The only one that really caught my eye was the new Chevy Nomad wagon. It's cool but I doubt I'd ever buy one....just not practical for my lifestyle. I need a new pickup truck sometime in the next year or two.......

Time for bed now....gonna be a cold ride to work in the morning.

TC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home