Sunday, July 01, 2007

Somebody Make It Stop!...


Time that is…..it’s July 1st today. June is over and done with already and I’ve hardly begun to get the stuff done that I want to get done this summer. Of course money, not time is the biggest factor in things not getting done right now, but the days clicking off in rapid fire succession ain’t helping any either.

There’s not going to be any 4th of July bike trip this year like last year. I haven’t been able to sell the van so it continues to sit in the side yard with a “for sale” in the window and I don’t get to do a much needed road trip.

Things aren’t a complete wash though, it’s 4th of July week and I’ve got a 2 day work week coming up. I’m taking the 5th and 6th off as vacation days and we’re all going up to the compound Tuesday after work and staying until Saturday. Gotta come back Saturday evening cuz Sunday is the family reunion in Big Rapids and that’s a mini bike trip not to be missed.

So, this past weekend was a stay at home and try to save money kinda weekend and frankly I kinda pissed away the last couple days of June. Saturday I hung around the house all day. Did a little yard work including putting up a piece of fence across the backyard to try and keep the transients from using our backyard as a shortcut. We’ll see how long it last before some SOB tramples it down. I considered running a couple wires out to the metal fence to help make my point but I figured there’s probably some stupid city law against electric fences and besides my electric bill is high enough already. Along with the fence I did some tree trimming and general pick-up and then spent the rest of the day in the garage continuing to pick up and clean up. I gave up on that about 6 and made myself some supper and then after supper I got the hot rod out and rode around town for a little bit. That was pretty much it for Saturday.

Sunday I slept in cuz I stayed up late. By the time I’d finished with breakfast most of the morning was gone. I decided I’d take a cruise down town and stroll through the art show. Back when we used to do the shows it was in Central park but because the city got to be dickheads about renting out the park the group in charge of the show moved it to the street. Personally I never liked the street shows, much prefer having grass under my feet.

Anyhow, I stroll thru and checked out the photographers and some other interesting stuff. Digital cameras have made such a difference in photography over the last 10 years that the way stuff is presented nowadays makes what I was doing in the ‘80’s look pretty amateurish. A part of me would love to get out there and do it again but the rest of me slaps that part around until it comes to its senses. I don’t even have a camera I can change lenses on anymore so I’m regulated to pretty much snapshot stuff. I haven’t lugged a tripod around in years.

After strolling thru the art show I came back home and sat around for awhile. Decided it was as good a night as any to cruise down to Holland in the hot rod and check out the new cruise-in spot at D&W so that’s what I did. Headed out the door right about with Bailey in the co-pilot seat and took the highway down. When I got there the place was crowded with cars and folks looking at cars. I parked on the edge of the lot close to some grass and pulled out my chair and camera. Me and Bailey did some strolling around to check out who was there and ran into some folks that we hadn’t seen in awhile. Also ran into a guy I used to work with back in the Polynorm days and found out he’s doing good now working for the City of Zeeland. About 8 I put my chair back in the trunk, lifted Bailey into his seat and headed back for home via Lakeshore Drive.

That’s it for this past week. In 48 hours I’ll be up at camp on my little “mini-vacation”. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the time won’t go by too quickly.

Later.

TC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home