Sunday, May 07, 2006

Round & Round We go.............

Well, here it is Sunday night again and we're temporarily back on Schedule, minus a week or so and it's been a busy time. Too busy actually.

Among the many things on our agenda tonight is.....the oldest daughter is leaving Germany after a couple years there and coming home, or at least to the states again and she's coming back with a helluva lot more than she left with.....a husband, an 8 month old baby boy and a belly swelled up with baby #2 that's due sometime in the month of July last I heard. We're gonna finally get to see this munchkin who's name is Ryan James Polgar (hope that's right). Who knows, we may even get to meet his dad if he gets up the courage to come and see what he married into. We've had zero contact with him to this point....not even a chat on the telephone........Jen hopefully will be here in time for Ri's 18th birthday party later this month.

Daughter Ri is turning 18 on the 20th of this month and graduating from High School in a couple weeks and as if that wasn't enough for most people she's also spending her time planning her wedding this coming September! Her and her hubby-to-be have already bought a house and are busy stocking it with all the necessary items to begin their life together. Shoot, when I was 18 I thought I was hot stuff cuz I had a measley little apartment down in what was then the hippie ghetto of Kalamazoo. Getting married and buying houses for me at 18 was about as far away from reality as taking a trip to the moon. What's with these kids nowadays anyhow?? :-)

Then there's the wannabe junvenile deliquent son who's gotten things for himself to the point where we can expect unscheduled visits from Grand Haven's finest to see if we know where our son is at any given time. So, to prevent him being hauled off to court again and possibly foster care we need to babysit him 24 / 7. Not a good scene. If the boys in blue should stop by and we don't know where he is....by order of the courts he can be taken from here and end up living somewhere else with someone else. I'm not sure he understands the ramifications of all that, or his actions of late, but we're doing what we can to keep him between the lines. Ultimately though it's up to the individual to police themselves, or pay the price. I wish I was more confident in his ability to understand that and act accordingly. Hopefully he'll make me look foolish and things will turn out fine.


Then there's the house and the ongoing fix-it-up project that seems to have no end. The original plan was to have it listed and on the market by March 1st. Then it was April 1st. Most recently it was May 1st and now......June 1st. I'm not sure how realistic that is at the moment either but hey, we need to set goals here. We're actually not that far away from being done. We're working the kitchen now and then there's the breezeway left to do. Plus, putting up the new garage doors and painting it's exterior. Trouble is every damn thing is up in the air because of the Whiskey Creek land deal.

Since the last entry we've been trying to stay calm and patient about the Whiskey Creek deal, knowing full well that we're pushing the envelope on that one. We can do it, but some things have to be adjusted and shuffled around a bit. We have 10 grand for the downpayment and I've put the '54 wagon up on Ebay to auction it off so that I can pay off a couple small loans and give us the cushion we need to make the land payments without cutting things too close. Actually I'm sitting here right now with 2 hours left to go in the auction, waiting to see if there's any last minute bidding gonna happen. The price up there right now is less than I was hoping for, but I'm not sure how realistic my numbers were in the first place. It's certainly not gonna reach the reserve price, but I had a number between that and where it is right now that would be nice. If I wasn't in a hurry to liquidate assests I'd put it up on Ebay a 2nd time for the full 10 day run.

So, it's been 2 weeks and a day since we were up there to get the money ball rolling and we still haven't heard anything other than the bank was gonna do an appraisal on the property. Depending on how that goes will probably make us or break us. I'm going to call MarkE tomorrow morning and touch base with him. Reiterate that we're very serious about becoming Whiskey Creek land owners. I don' t believe I'm gonna give up on this one too easy though so if it don't fly the first go-round I'll do like Wilbur and Orville Wright did and take it back to the shop, make some changes and give it another go. Like so many other things in our life before this, if it's suppose to happen it'll happen. Of course in my mind there's no doubt it's suppose to happen so failure is pretty much not an option.

I guess I'll kill a couple hours while I wait for the auction to end by putting in the DVD I bought at Circut City last night. "WOODSTOCK, The directors Cut!" It was one of those spur of the moment purchases, but what was weird about it was that I just had a dream about the movie the other night. So, when it was right there in front of me I took the hint and snatched it up. This version is the original movie updated digitally and with 40 minutes of additional material added to the original 3 hours. I don't think I've seen the whole movie since my mother went with me to see it back oh so long ago when it first came out on the big screen. I'm not sure what she thought of it, but it sure made an impression on me. I do recall one thing though that makes me chuckle now.....we'd just gotten thru the "Fish Cheer" & "I feel like I'm fixin' to die" rag. John Sebastian had taken the stage and was rambling on about something, insterspersing his words every other sentence with everybody's favorite expletive (starts with an F, ends with a K.......) and at some point in there my mother leaned over to me and said "they certainly do use that word an awful lot don't they?" It was funny and embarassing at the same time. Now that I have the advantage of age, it's just funny. I can remember that item from 36 years ago, but I can't recall most things outside 48 hours. Memory has a mind of it's own I guess.


TC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home